Thursday, February 26, 2009

Little Entrepreneurs


My mom is cleaning out her house because on Saturday she is moving back to the Clearwater area (topic for another post.) Anyway, in the process of cleaning out her stuff she came across a bunch and I mean a bunch of old earrings. And by the looks of them they are from the 80s. You know the kind of earrings I am talking about. Huge and in this case gold (not real gold :). I told the girls if I saw the earrings lying around the house out they would go. Really I didn't need anything more to have to clean up and keep up with. So, yesterday they got out the big plastic bag and started pairing them up. Then they started hatching a plan. Oooooh I shudder sometimes when Nature Girl says "I have a plan." :) All over the living room floor there were matched up earrings. (I wish my camera was able to download pictures because it was priceless) Above some of the earrings were post-it notes with prices on them. I hear them talking about selling the earrings and making money to buy American Girl stuff. Well, the next thing I know they have taken the earrings to the end of the driveway (like a lemonade stand they have done in the past) and are "selling" the earrings. It was mid afternoon and we live in a cul-de-sac. I wasn't expecting much foot traffic. Unfortunately in this case I was right. I called hubby just to let him know what his kiddies were up to. He said I should just pay them for the earrings but I thought that kind of defeated the purpose. About 45 minutes later they had to close up shop. It was time for ballet class. They begged me to skip ballet so they could continue to "sell" the earrings. As lucrative as that sounded, I had to pull the plug on their little shop of jewelery. I wouldn't be surprised if they are open for business again today . . . (The picture is from their lemonade stand a couple of years back. Maybe someday I will be able to download pictures again.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love your girls!
My oldest is also the 'plan hatcher'.....