Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Night Out


Last night I actually got to go out to dinner with my mom and sister - NO KIDS! It was weird leaving the house without someone in a carseat. I always get nervous. My sister thinks I am silly because I say I need a break and then when I get one I miss the kids terribly. I told her it is an unexplained phenomenon. When she is a mom, I am sure she will understand. Anyway, back to the night out with the girls. I only had two hours because I had to be home to feed EG. Plus, two hours was about the limit hubby could take. He only called once. I was proud. OK, now back to dinner. When I left the house Little Mama wanted to know why I wasn't taking the diaper bag. I told her I didn't need it because I wasn't taking any kids. We were going to a restaurant that didn't have kid menus' that could be colored. When I got to the restaurant my mom and sister were already there. So we just sat and chatted about all kinds of things. Weight, exercise, body types, how much we look alike. We talked about college educations and our differing opinions on the necessity of one and who should pay. We talked about Facebook and friends and roommates. Of course we talked about my children and their strengths and weaknesses and their differences from each other. We ordered food and had a wonderful meal. When the server came back to see if we were done with our meals we said we were. I looked at my watch. I still had 20 minutes before I had to leave. I sat in that booth with my mom and sister for those last 20 minutes. I was going to milk it for all it was worth . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds lovely. sigh.