Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bath Time


In the last 8 years I can probably count on both hands the times that my kids have ever missed a bath. It is just something we do EVERY night no matter what. My kids get very dirty during the day and it always just sounds so good to me to be squeaky clean when they crawl into bed. Nature Girl was about a week old (maybe a little older) when she got her first bath. It was in the blue tub with a yellow sponge thingy on the counter for when she got out. Every kid has been in there in the beginning. Some of the cutest memories of all of the kids is after bath time with them hanging over my shoulder wearing the baby towels with ears. So clean and cute. When Nature Girl was a toddler and daddy was working night shift, she and I would get in the tub. I would light candles, turn out the lights in the bathroom and put on classical music. We would just soak. When Little Mama was old enough we put her in the tub with Nature Girl in one of those tub seats that had suction cups on the bottom. We quickly learned that suction cups don't stick to tub bottoms that are not smooth. In about two seconds the seat tipped over and Little Mama was headed into the water. Thankfully daddy and I were in the bathroom and were able to catch her before she went in!! It was sooooo scary. Needless to say we waited a little longer for them to bathe together. They have been bathing/showering together ever since. Little Mama and I just recently had a chance to bathe together and I washed her hair and put in conditioner. She thought that was cool. Afterwards, I blew her hair dry. She looked just beautiful. Now, Boop bathes in the tub in the kids' bathroom and the girls shower in our bathroom. It is a big deal to be able to go in the garden tub. Every night we hear "Can we go in the big tub?" The answer is usually "no." But occasionally we give in :) EG is still in the little blue tub for now. It is a little more chaotic around bath time now then it used to be when it was just me and Nature Girl but I guess that is to be expected . . .

No comments: