Friday, February 20, 2009

I Love My Children This Much

Little Mama has a little separation thing going on. She will not go to any of her classes, ballet or tumbling. Or anywhere else without me. As frustrating as it is to try to figure out what the problem is, it is kind of sweet when she sits on my lap and says "I just want to be with you."

Yesterday, Nature Girl was at home while Little Mama was with grandma for a birthday lunch and shopping spree. Nature Girl was the sweetest, most helpful young girl. She changed a diaper, brought in the garbage cans and every time I asked her for help she said "Yes, mam."

We had a family birthday dinner for Little Mama Wednesday night (her actual birthday.) After dinner she opened the family birthday presents. Every time she opened a gift she would immediately go and hug the person that had given it to her. Boop would then run around the room and hug everyone. I guess he didn't want to be left out.

I heard Little Mama singing Taylor Swift's Romeo and Juliet to EG last night. EG loved it.

We finally finished up reading Brighty. So last night I got out a stack of our free read books and let each of the kids pick what we are going to read next. I then take the three books and we alternate who's book I read first. Because I we read Little Mama's book first last time it was Nature Girl's turn to go first. Boop picked Along Came a Dog. Little Mama picked Heidi and Nature Girl picked Farm Boy. Nature Girl decided it was OK to read Little Mama's book first. So, tonight we start Heidi.

I suppose in reading these little tidbits, they don't mean much. But as I review the week, they are things that have stood out and told the character of my children. And I love my children because of these small, simple acts . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

My days are made up of moments like this. Taken individually or altogether, they do tell each child's story.
Your children are sweet, funny and loving, I enjoy reading about them.