Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Love My Children This Much

Nature Girl came to me last night after bedtime with tears in her eyes and a red bump on her head. Apparently she had been practicing her tumbling routine in her bedroom which she has been told not to do. She had done a back bend with only Little Mama as a spotter. She missed her hands and hit the ground with her head. It is so rare that Nature Girl cries. I pulled her into my arms and hugged her. Then very gently said "Now you know why I don't want you tumbling in the house." Gave her another hug and kiss and checked her bump and sent her back to bed.

Little Mama no matter what is going on, no matter what I am doing is always willing to hold my hands in hers and give me all of her attention. And of course tell me a story. I can learn a lot from her.

As I take Boop's toys into his room to help him clean up he looks up at me and says "Oh, thank you mama." Makes me want to do all his chores ;)

EG looks at me as though I am the most wonderful person alive. I wish that lasted forever. . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

So sweet. Every one of them.