Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hide and Seek

The other night daddy was working late. The kids had had their bath and we were going to try to read a little bit before bedtime. (We are currently reading Brighty of the Grand Canyon.) Anyway, the deal was if you wanted to listen to the story you had to pick a spot on the couch or on the floor and sit and listen quietly. If not, you had to go to bed. Well, EG got a little fussy so when she gets a little fussy we move our reading party to my big bed. The same rules apply. You find a spot on the bed and lie down and listen quietly. Boop hadn't had a nap that day so odds of him making it through story time were slim to none. (I gave him a least one warning :) Anyway, half way through the chapter he got sent to his room. Of course he was visibly and vocally upset. But, I never heard from him or saw him again while I finished up a couple of chapters. About 20 minutes later we put the book down and I went to tuck Boop into bed. He wasn't there! I looked all around - in his closet, in the bathroom, in the girls room, in the living room, in the school room. Nowhere! I will be honest, I started to panic. All the doors were locked so I didn't really think he had gone outside. I put EG on the couch and had Nature Girl and Little Mama watch over her as I started an in depth search. I called for him and he did not answer. Now, it isn't unusual for him to hide from me before nap and bedtime so I just looked in all of the usual places. I even said if he didn't come out he was going to get a spanking. No Boop. Finally, as my heart was racing, I looked in one last place. In the back corner of the bathroom linen closet. (Although I had glanced in there once already.) There he was sitting up sound asleep with his mouth wide open. It was hilarious. I got the girls to come look at him. I told them not to laugh because I wanted to get his picture but it really was a funny sight and we couldn't help but chuckle. He promptly woke up and smiled. I guess he figured he would play hide and seek. He just forgot to let anyone else know . . .

No comments: