Friday, October 30, 2009

I Love EG This Much




She started walking yesterday! I looked up and she let go of one of her toys and took 5 steps! So cool! Then she would crawl around, pull up on something and do it again. We all clapped and laughed. She, of course, was so proud of herself. When daddy got home I tried to get her to perform for him but she wouldn't. I told him the trick was to not pay attention to her and then catch her walking out of the corner of his eye. But then try not to say or do anything to distract her because if she gets distracted, down she goes! She is the first baby to walk before the age of one. All the others were at least 13 months.

She says words now too. "Bye, bye" and "hi" both of those with the right hand motions or if she is "on the phone." She said her older sister's name. Well, the intonation anyway if not exactly her name. You knew what she meant though. She says "Coco." We get an occasional "mama" and "dada" with coaxing. We are working on Little Mama's and Boop's names and Grandma of course.

She is eating big people food. Pasta, cheese, yogurt, toast, Cheerios, all kinds of soft fruit and veggies. We tried scrambled eggs but we think she had an allergic reaction. She has enough teeth to eat a piece of steak for goodness sake!

She loves to bite toes (other peoples toes) and pull hair (other peoples hair). This is sort of cute at the moment but maybe a little troubling in the long run. I think it is survival instincts!

I have never worried about any of my kids when they sleep (unless they were sick.) I have never really been one to have to check on them numerous times because I felt something was wrong. I was always just so thankful they were asleep and I was scared to do anything to wake them! But with EG, if she sleeps long for a nap or sleeps late in the morning, I do seem to be a little more concerned. The reason being, I am scared to death one of the other kids has put something in her crib that doesn't belong in there. Like say a shoe lace or a small choking hazard kind of toy. The room she sleeps in is always dark. When I put her down it is always dark. I don't think to look in her crib until after she is asleep. So, this morning when she didn't wake up until 8 the thought crossed my mind "Did I miss something?" I have gone in while she is sleeping more so then I did with any of the others.

My baby girl is going to be one year old in TWO WEEKS. I am already reliving that day in my mind, over and over and over. It was such an awesome event, for so many flip fantabulous reasons . . .

No comments: