Monday, October 19, 2009

What Are the Odds

I can tell you on one hand how many times I have been sick in the last 15 years. For as many times as a child gets sick I never, never get it. I figure it is just the way God made it. Moms just can't get sick. For obvious reasons. Sure, I have had colds and coughs and headaches but nothing, that I can remember in the recent past that has ever caused me to take to the bed.

Until yesterday. I guess I got the flu or whatever it is the kids have had this weekend. Of course daddy was at work so I lived on adrenaline and survived until he got home. I didn't feel all that great and then got a little burst of energy around 8:30ish.

But this morning I wanted to die! My whole body ached. My head pounded. I have a cough that racks my lungs. Daddy had to cancel his doctor's appointment and I went back to be for what felt like was an hour. It was really only 20 minutes.

Daddy made me eat breakfast and then shoved medicine in me. I took a shower and waited for the meds to kick in. Put EG down for a nap and took a nap myself. Woke up. Ate lunch. And now I feel like living again. I am just going take it easy today. Daddy has a detail tomorrow so I am on my own again.

I hope it is another 15 years before I feel like this again . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oooh, sorry to hear that!

I never used to get sick, but now I get sick about half the time the kids do. The only thing worse than being sick myself is being sick AND trying to take care of a sick kid(s).

Really hoping you feel better soon (good luck tomorrow)!

Mary Beth said...

Feel better, Ann!!