Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So Far Behind

I can tell I am feeling better. This is how I know, I am starting to realize just how far behind I am. Which is soooo funny because I was really far behind almost 2 weeks ago before we all got sick. Now, well, let's just say there probably really is NO catching up!

We have our annual Fall Festival and, of course, it is this weekend. I don't want to disappoint the kids, again, so it will go on. But, have I mentioned how far behind I am?? It is kind of stressful as it is having a bunch of families over for chili etc. but then to start out really in the hole? Of course, everyone knows we have had the flu and various other ailments so it is really, really important that the house be clean so that everyone feels comfortable :) I will say, though, that the families that will be here are great friends and would never dream of judging me!! One of my wonderful friends has even volunteered her sweet family to come help us clean. I truly am blessed with wonderful friends.

Have I mentioned we are also 2 weeks behind in school? I think about it, but I don't really worry about it. I have tried to get the kids to do some math when I/they felt well enough. I figure we just won't be able to take 6-8 weeks off during the holidays like we have in the past. No big deal I guess.

I have decided one thing though, I am not going to stress or worry or even really care. We have had a really, really hard two weeks and we deserve some fun and a break. So, that being said I am not going to think about getting the house clean, we are just going to do what we can when we can. We are going to finish out the week just having fun: the pumpkin patch, decorating for the fall festival, cooking chili, getting our costumes ready, finishing little projects if time permits, making sure that our home is filled with happiness and love AND NO STRESS.

We have had enough of that to last for the rest of the year. . .

No comments: