Thursday, October 29, 2009

You've Got to be Kidding Me

I have been up since 4 AM with a puking Little Mama. When I heard the pitter patter of little feet across the kitchen floor to our bedroom I thought I was dreaming. Then Little Mama says "I think I am going to puke." I am now in a nightmare! She and I stayed on the couch dozing and puking until around 7ish. She looked so pitiful. I felt so pitiful. I rubbed her head and thought how beautiful she is. Big blue eyes, surrounded by long, thick dark eyelashes. Her little button nose and a truly angelic face. So pale.

Then I thought, how can this be?? It has been two weeks and she was better. Coco even took her to tumbling last night with strict instructions to stay away from anyone who coughed etc ;) To wash hands before she even left the gym and to use their hand sanitizer, frequently. Which she did. (I know she wouldn't have gotten anything from there that quick.)

She is now sequestered in Coco's room with an old VCR TV and about a half dozen VHS tapes. She is currently watching My Fair Lady (a personal favorite.) Nature Girl and Boop have disinfected everything they could get their hands on. There is to be no contact between the two groups.

I am trying like the dickens to see the up side of this. But it is a little slow in taking root. I am thankful that Little Mama hasn't thrown up any more. I am thankful that Nature Girl seems to be mending, slowly but surely. Boop has been a trooper, a little sassy but not really ill. Daddy is back to work. I seem to be healing slowly but surely. EG has been touched by God's grace.

I keep telling myself every night before bed and every morning I wake up "This has got to be the day this ends." One of these days I AM GOING TO BE RIGHT . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann said...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss! Although it isn't as bad as it seems. At least not at the moment. I would like a shower though ;)

Diane Moody said...

Gotta say, I'm not totally surprised. The stuff going around this year is VICIOUS! I'm just back from the doctor again myself - still after-effects of flu (bruised ribs from coughing so much - soooo painful!) But I'm sorry to hear you're still on the merry-go-round! Yes, TODAY needs to be the end of it! And GOOD FOR YOU to let go of the stress of everything else! You've had your hands full! Get well and deal with the rest later. Doctor's orders! LOVE YOU!