Monday, October 26, 2009

Paranoid

We still are not 100% but I think it is safe to say we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It has been such a long week and a half. I am ready to get back to life. Although, a little nervous about entering the germ ridden world.

I have never, ever been one to worry about germs. I take precautions and wipe down shopping carts and try to remind the kids to sanitize their hands after tumbling etc. But, I have never worried about it. If we got a cold or the flu we would survive. I knew it was unavoidable to some degree and it is part of life with kids.

But I am worried now. It is going to be so hard not to be concerned when I hear a kid cough at the gym. Or think about all the millions of germs on the shopping carts at Publix. I am going to be paranoid. I hate being paranoid. It is so life altering! Sure, I am being a little dramatic. But, I wouldn't be telling the truth if I didn't say that I am going to be hyper vigilant about germs for quite some time. This whole flu thing has left such a lasting impression.

I do want to believe, though, that we have paid our dues for the cold and flu season . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Two years ago we had a really bad winter. Lots of illness, sick for weeks at a time. It was just horrible.
Last year was great in comparison but I lived the whole season in dread, just waiting for the sickness to find us again.
I literally think I had some form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The paranoia was worse (almost) than the illness!