Friday, October 9, 2009

Tidbits for Today

Yesterday Little Mama had her pre-team prep class at tumbling. I have to tell you, she is incredible. They were doing this thing called a pancake. You put your legs in a straddle position on the floor and you put your tummy to the ground. Out of about 10 kids, Little Mama was the only one who could do it. It looked painful. But she just did it like it was no big deal!

For the last year or so both girls (first NG and now LM) have had a wonderful tumbling instructor, Coach Nicki. You can tell she likes the girls. She always goes out of her way to smile and tease them. And I honestly believe she is really trying to help them be better gymnasts. She takes her time with them, sternly encourages them and doesn't let them be lazy (or say they can't do something.) She even smiles and teases Boop when she sees him.

Yesterday at tumbling I read to Boop from one of the books he got at the library. A new word for him was twilight. He wanted a definition and I gave it to him. On the way home I explained that twilight was coming. When we got home, he went outside and came back in. "It's the word outside." Meaning twilight. This morning he got up and wanted to show me the word twilight in his book.

On the way home from tumbling NG says "Walgreen's has Charmin Ultra on sale for $3.49. That is cheaper than Publix's $8." I had to laugh and then call daddy to tell him. He suggested that from now on we give her the coupons, money and grocery list and send her grocery shopping! I couldn't agree more.

Little Mama just finished her Kindergarten Math workbook. She is very excited to start First Grade Math. Because she does her math sheets so fast, I have had to ask her to slow down and work on writing pretty numbers. She really is a concepts kind of gal.

Yesterday the kids had me light a candle for lunchtime.

It cracks me up every morning when the kids see EG. She is the last to get up and when I come out of the room with her, they all yell her name. Like she is a rock star or something. It is incredible to me how excited they get over her. I constantly tell them "Geez, you see her all day long!" Or, "She isn't going anywhere." They absolutely, positively love her for so many different and varied reasons.

Gosh, I love my kids . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love your kids too!
(is that weird?)

Ann said...

I don't think so ;) It makes my day!

Kathryn said...

Very sweet and sentimental post!