Friday, October 16, 2009

Sick Children

It looks like Little Mama has the flu. I feel so bad for her and I want to make her feel better. I am giving her whatever she needs and trying to make her comfortable.

I am trying to keep the other kids away from her. And disinfecting everything.

One thing I notice I do when a child is sick is clean or organize or create. Which is crazy because I don't normally do any of those things. Ha, ha!

So, as I was wondering why I am so productive when I child is sick, it came to me. It is something I have control over. I can not make my baby feel better. I can not get her everything she needs and I can not make her totally comfortable. Those are things that are out of my control. I can, though, load the dishwasher, fold laundry and vacuum. Get things done, make things better.

Very strange . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hope Little Mama feels better soon! Hope no one else gets it.

Diane Moody said...

I'm so sorry to hear Little Mama has the flu! I'm just getting over it so please tell her, I'm praying for her! NO FUN!

Also caught up on lots of your posts. You just blow me away, Annie. How I wish I'd had your wisdom when my kids were little! Seemed we were always just in survival mode instead of using every situation as a learning tool, etc. You're AMAZING!!!

Love to all! Hope that flu bug doesn't get too cozy at your house!!

Ann said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Little Mama seems better today. Just praying the others don't get it.