Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Allergies

EG has allergies. We just don't know what to. We have been to the doc on at least three occasions because of them and the ER once. This past month I have given her Benadryl nearly every day because of some kind of rash or skin irritation or swollen eyes. But she eats everything so it is hard to determine what the culprit is. I think she is even sensitive to the grass or pollen or something outside. So, we finally decided it was time to have her tested. They couldn't get her in until the end of May!

I called her doctor and asked if I could continue to give her Benadryl for each outbreak she had, until they could see her at the allergist. He didn't seem to have a problem with it. I wasn't exactly thrilled. He did call her in an Epi-pen and said he would try to get her appointment moved up.

Well, yesterday they called and she has an appointment tomorrow at 8:30AM. I am a little nervous I guess is the word. We had Nature Girl tested when she was a toddler and I remember what the test looked like. It is a big cardboard looking thing with all these little pins on it. And, if it is the same test, the place the whole thing on her back and then wait for reactions. The whole thing just bothers me. I guess that is why I waited so long to have it done to EG. I was hoping things would work themselves out. But, it isn't looking like it this time.

The flipside though, is that maybe we will finally get a hold on what irritates her. And then try like the dickens to keep it out of her mouth . . .

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

Yikes! You have quite a day ahead of you! I'll be praying . . . hope you get some answers for EG! Still heading south to check on your mom?