Monday, March 15, 2010

More Celebration










On Saturday we all went to an amusement park to celebrate Little Mama's birthday, again! She brought along a friend and, I think I can speak for all us of us when I say we all had a great time.

It was a beautiful sunny day, but very, very windy. So windy some of the rides were closed! But, none that we really wanted to ride on anyway. (At least none I wanted to ;)

Anyway, we started off by having lunch in the little picnic area before we went inside. And I gave Little Mama her one last present. It was her bible. It is really kind of pretty. Pink and brown with silver around the edge of the pages (which I knew she would love.) She kept hugging me and telling me thank you. She has such a wonderful, God loving heart.

Then, after we ate, we were off to the park. LM got to pick the first few rides she wanted to go on. One of which was called the Bug Out (now it is called Go Bananas.) In any event, she had asked me to ride it with her. It was really high up and it had all these sharp curves. The worst part was it jerked you are the curves and in a couple places I swore I felt like we were going to fall right off the track! Really high up! I was a wreck but I couldn't let LM down. I did inform her, after I could speak again and after I removed my heart from my throat, that I would not be going back on that ride. Ever! Which was fine with her, she preferred to ride with daddy anyway because he wasn't visibley scared!

The kids ran from one ride to the next. LM leading the way. Daddy rode one ride by himself while the kids ate cotton candy. We went on the train ride and saw all the really neat animals. The camels were new. I think the ride that LM liked the best was The Swamp Thing (my personal fav). It is a roller coaster ride that you sit in and your feet dangling over alligators. She also like The Shoe Ride, The Eagle Ride and the Scrambler.

I am pretty sure she is all celebrated out. For now . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm impressed you went on the ride with her! (I get totally motion-sick, so I never do). What a fun day for you all.

Ann said...

I HATE rides but when she asked me I just couldn't refuse. I still shudder when I think about it! I usually am the one sitting with EG and Boop while everyone else rides. Or Boop and EG and I go to the real kiddie part. I can handle the Merry-Go-Round if I look straight ahead ;)