Monday, March 29, 2010

Crazy Saturday












But a good one.

Saturday started out at the annual Springtime Parade. When hubby and I were younger, even before we were married, we use to work the annual festival that followed the parade. The hotel we worked for was downtown so the hotel always participated in selling hamburgers and other things.

We talked about how when we got back from our honeymoon on a Friday, I think, our first trip out the next day as husband and wife was to the festival. I don't think we ever went to the actual parade until we had kids. But, we have gone almost every year since.

It was a beautiful day. And we got our usual spot right out front of the Budget rental car place. Right at the beginning of the parade. Less people. More goodies for the kids. The parade consisted of Krewes from all over the state. Local marching bands and floats from various organizations. They all throw candy, toys and beads. The kids had a blast gathering up all of the booty!

The parade lasted just about an hour. Perfect timing!

Next on our schedule was a first birthday party for EG's BFF. It was a picnic at a great park with fabulous food. As I said earlier, we couldn't have asked for better weather. Once again, the kids had a blast playing with their friends and celebrating the momentous occasion.

Lastly, was our church's annual Easter program. Every year our church, with music and drama, does a fabulous job telling about Jesus' last days and the Resurrection. And this year was no exception. It always is a very dramatic show and always leaves me so humbled and so aware of my unworthiness of the sacrifice made by Jesus. He willing laid down His life so that I, a sinner, can live for eternity. It is so powerful and moving when I see the story played out in front of me. I always think about what it must have been like to be there. To watch the suffering He had to endure. Even though He was not a sinner. The knowledge that He was to pay the ultimate price for MY transgressions.

I, all too often, take for granted the price that was paid for me. I am going to try to reflect more on the sacrifice He made. And pray that it will continue to effect my every day living.

Anyway, it was an awesome way to end a truly awesome day. . .

No comments: