Saturday, March 6, 2010

Over the Hill


Hubby and I have hit middle age. With a vengeance. Hubby came home two days ago with matching reading glasses! Most of our friends are in their early 30s and it is always amusing to me when they mention the big 4-0. And, I think, sometimes they forget we ARE the big 4-0, plus some. We try to let them know, it isn't ALL that bad :)

Anyway, the subject came up briefly at a wedding we were at last week. And both hubby and I agreed that the only noticeable difference, thus far, is that we both need glasses to read. And that it came upon us so suddenly. Or, probably more accurately, we finally REALIZED what the problem was.

Last night hubby was in the "library" and I hear him yell "Have Boop bring me my glasses." Oh, I had to laugh!

I honestly think he looks pretty darn good in his glasses . . .

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

Paul looks great with those glasses! You're right about how sudden the need for glasses hits you. I remember standing in Teresa's kitchen about 16 years ago (do the math) having trouble reading something. Your mom handed me her readers and VOILA! I could SEE again! I didn't even realize I needed them til that moment!

Matching reading glasses. LOVE IT!