Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Love EG This Much

So, we are on night number, well I am not even sure anymore, of a 15 month old who doesn't want to sleep in the middle of the night. You would think by baby number 4 I would have this all figured out. But I don't and obviously no child is ever the same!

The night before she slept all night and truly yesterday was such a great day. I LOVE being well rested. (So does the rest of my family, LOVE me being well rested that is.) So, last night I had high hopes.

Around 1AM I hear it start, the screaming and crying for mommy. Daddy and I chat for about 10/15 as to what to do. Finally, I grab my pillow and blanket and head for EG's room. I pick her up out of the crib and lay her down in the twin bed with me. I have a plan.

After about 45 minutes of her rubbing my face and playing peek a boo with me, she finally falls asleep. Kind of lying by my side but on my arm. I figure, maybe, just maybe, I can sneak out and she can sleep in the twin, with the baby side on it. Well, I must have fallen asleep because when I awoke, it was already light outside.

I slipped out of the bed and went to take a shower, it was about 7:30AM. At about 8ish, I was going to check in on her and make sure she wasn't in a place where she might roll out of the bed. And as I headed to the hallway, out and around the corner comes EG. Apparently she woke up and with out a sound managed to get out of the bed and decided to come see what was going on.

I had to laugh! I am not really sure what I am going to do with this one. She is definitely unique. In so many different ways . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

The title is perfect!
Sassy little lovable EG.