Friday, March 5, 2010

Happenings

Little Mama lived up to her name yesterday. She was all into wanting to change EG's diaper. At first, I kind of dismissed the idea. But, then, I figured what the heck! I could use the help. So, every time EG got her diaper changed, Little Mama took over the duty. I would stand and watch and give guidance. The really messy ones were left up to me, but she would help with the wipes etc. By the end of the day LM was chasing EG around saying "Do you need your diaper changed?" This morning LM did it without much assistance. I think I am on to something.

Since getting my great iPod docking station, we listen to music a lot. Last night was one of those nights. We finished dinner and had a little time before bath and bed time. We turned on the music and hit the shuffle button and listened and danced and sung to whatever was on. The music ranges from Celtic Women to Newsboys to Tim McGraw. A little something for everyone. The kids love to dance and daddy and I have to make sure we watch each and every one of them. Boy have they got style. Even EG (I have to get it on video) loves to dance and she has a little rhythm. The best dance she does is when she kind of squats down, her booty and belly sticking out and then bounces up and down and side to side.

To encourage EG to eat different things, I have given her a fork to use. I stick it into whatever food I am wanting her to try. Granted, she waves it around like she is conducting a symphony. But, I figure, eventually it will make it to her mouth.

Yesterday (or the day before) the kids built a fort on the side of the house. It has a wash bucket, clothesline and beds (so they tell me - I haven't been in it yet.) Some where they got the idea to make Indian paint. Mud with paint by numbers paint. Late yesterday afternoon or early evening, they came in with markings on their faces. Today they were going to add blue paint to the mud, but I had to put a stop to that. I know, I am no fun!

Yesterday my next door neighbor called me. We check in on her periodically, bring her cookies, pick up stuff at the grocery store for her, etc. she has been fighting cancer for over a year. The last time I had talked with her, I was pretty sick, well I sounded sick. Couldn't talk with her without coughing. She had just gotten over the same thing. So, back to yesterday's phone call. SHE was calling to check in on ME. She was on her way to the grocery and was calling to see if I needed anything. My heart went to my throat. Here was my neighbor who doesn't own a car and has been on chemo for about 7 mos, checking in on me. I told her what a blessing she was to my family!

Every night I get the coffee pot ready for hubby, so in the wee hours of the morning, all he has to do is hit a button and he has coffee a couple of minutes later. It is such a nice treat when the coffee is prepped the night before and all you have to do when you wake up is push a button. That is one of my jobs as wife, make coffee in the mornings. Certainly not a problem! The kind of bummer part of the days he works is, that when I get up at 6 I have to make coffee because I don't like coffee that has been sitting around for an hour or so. (Remember, I told you I was a coffee snob.) Anyway, this past week when I wasn't feeling well and not getting any sleep, I woke up late on a day that hubby had gone to work, and lo and behold, the coffee maker had been prepped and ready for me just to push the button. (That means hubby did this at 5AM :) I called him immediately and told him that was better than any bunch of roses!!

Today I went and picked up a set of 1972 World Book Encyclopedias. So totally excited about having them. I know they are out of date on a lot of subjects but, I want the kids to know that before the Internet, people actually looked things up in books. I will have them try to find various things and then we can always update the information on the web.

I actually got to sleep ALL NIGHT. I got up at 6:30 and was able to pray and do a little reading in a special book.

Anyway, those are just a few happenings around here today . . .

3 comments:

Diane Moody said...

I always love catching up with you! And I'm SO happy you finally got some sleep last night!! What a difference it makes, eh? Prayers for lots more nights like that!

Ann said...

Love your profile pix! Been meaning to tell you. Got sleep again last night. Thanks for the prayers ;)

Katie said...

Seriously? Little Mama's changing diapers?
SEND HER OVER!