Friday, March 26, 2010

The Little Big Things

Just had to discipline Nature Girl for lying and disobedience. We talked about expectations and sin and how we have to ask forgiveness from those we have sinned against and from God. I spoke calmly and respectfully. She tried to give excuses and reasons. I listened and then asked her if she knew better. Which she replied she did. Her punishment was taking away her DS for a month. When I told her she needed to ask for forgiveness from Little Mama, me and God her reply was "You have taken away my DS. Isn't that punishment enough?"

I explained punishment and forgiveness are two different things. And both needed to be done. Not because I say so but because that is what God instructs in His Word. She asked forgiveness from LM and me and then she hugged me and told me she liked me. After being disciplined. Crazy. Then she went to her room to ask forgiveness from God . . .

3 comments:

Diane Moody said...

It's the strangest thing. How kids can push the line, get disciplined, then it's like they feel all better about everything, and ESPECIALLY more tender toward the parent who disciplined. Crazy, isn't it?

You're such a GREAT mom, Annie.

Katie said...

Great patience and follow-through on your part. I'm impressed (and taking notes).

Ann said...

Got it right once this year! Loved the payoff - ha, ha ;)