Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We Are Home

We got home early evening yesterday. The plan as of today is either my sister or I will go down to my mom's on Sunday, take her to the doctor on Monday and then bring her back to stay with us for at least a month. (And also bring my MIL back because she so graciously agreed to stay with my mom this week until we could work everything out. I am sure she will have a jewel in her crown in heaven for her selflessness!)

Grandma had a great report from the doc yesterday. She was able to take the cast off her elbow and was told that as long as she had the brace on her knee she could put pressure on it. But she still needs help doing a lot of things we take for granted. And she should not be left alone right now.

So, we thought the best way to take care of her was to bring her to our house. Hopefully, with our help, she will be able to recover quickly. The kids are so excited to have her with us for awhile. We are taking this opportunity to learn how to be servants and how to put the needs of others before our own.

Should be an interesting lesson to learn. For all of us . . . ;)

No comments: