Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Beach






Part of the fun of going to Grandma's is going to the beach. Well, for the kids anyway ;) Sun, sand, water, sunscreen, all the stuff a family needs to bring. Definitely not like the old days when hubby and I used to go. But, again, I digress ;)

I will have to admit, and hubby will too, I think, that we had a really great time this time. Everyone loved the sand and the water and the sun. I even got in the water, which I haven't done in years, I bet. The water was perfect and it was warm. I loved being out there with the kids while they searched for shells and watching the waves hit them and how excited they would get.

EG went in the water for a little bit. I picked her up and brought her way out. Mostly she stayed on the beach and play in (and ate) the sand. She would go down to the water and when a wave would come in, she would run away from it. Kinda cute!

NG, LM and Boop stayed in the water the entire time, riding the waves and search for shells. Finally I switched out with daddy and he got in the water with the kids. He is an avid shell hunter, so they got a sifter type toy and dug in the sand and sifted out really great shells. Then they walked down the beach looking for more.

We were only there for a couple of hours, but we ALL had a really, really great time. I can't wait for us to go camping at the beach next month . . .

No comments: