Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Noomy

That is what EG calls milk. So strange to me. I read somewhere, when I first became a parent, not to talk baby talk to my child and use proper names when referring to things. Made sense to me. My babies are always hearing and learning and trying to repeat etc. So, for the most part, I have always called things what they are when chatting with my babies.

I am not one for baby talk anyway, so that worked for me. So, when EG started calling her milk "noomy" I was mystified. Where does "noomy" come from?? What is she thinking when she runs around the house repeating "noomy, noomy, noomy"? She loves milk by the way. She is like a parrot and repeats, as best she can, almost every word that I encourage her to say. But, when I say milk, nope. "Noomy."

I have tried to think of every possible conclusion. The only one I can come up with is maybe I would repeat "yummy" to her when I gave her her milk. I love milk so that makes sense.

Every other word she speaks, and there are many, all sound just like an 18 month old would pronounce them. Of course, some clear than others ;) It is a mystery to me. When she gets older and can express her thoughts in a few more words, I just might have to ask her.

Wonder what she will say then . . .

No comments: