Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Calendaring

Yesterday daddy took Little Mama on a lunch date. She was so excited to just spend time alone with him! We have, in the past, attempted to do this. But, it fell by the wayside quite awhile ago. I have figured out (and have read in many books) that if you want to spend alone time with husbands or kids, to get it on the calendar. So, last week, that is what I did.

I went through my calendar and scheduled date nights for me and hubby. And every other week, I am going to take a couple hours to run errands by myself or take turns taking one of my babies with me, so I can get some alone time with each one.

Anyway, yesterday LM and daddy went to Mickey D's, two pawn shops and Books-A-Million. They had a great time and he said she talked non-stop! She even got ice cream and a Coke!

We have a great new babysitter. I have know her since she was Boop's age. I actually taught her and her older brother in Sunday school. She was such a lovely, quiet, sweet little girl. A couple of years ago she helped me in my VBS class and she was fabulous. Her mom was one of the ladies I sought out when choosing whether or not to homeschool. Anyway, she is going to come once a month for date night and twice a month for errand running and the dates are on the calendar.

I am looking forward to my time alone on Thursday and the kids are looking forward to time alone with their daddy. Now, I hope I can just keep it up. One day at a time . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Isn't that the truth?! You have to schedule time for yourself and the things you want to do or they will be pushed to the bottom of the to-do list EVERY SINGLE TIME.
I hope it works out for you :) (great babysitter's make all the difference)