Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weekend in Review






This post will most likely be more pictures than words. Aren't pictures worth a thousand words anyway??

Hubby was going Friday to pick up his mom. It just so happened to be about 45 minutes from St. Augustine, so, considering Nature Girl has been studying the colonization of America, we decided to take a side trip for the day to St. Augustine.

Did you know it is the oldest port in the continental the United States? Founded in 1565. Anyway, we had two main goals, one was to visit the Old Fort and the other to visit the lighthouse. Both were accomplished. And we even had a little spare time to do some shopping. Hubby bought me a very pretty shell ankle bracelet. I love ankle bracelets in the summer.

We came home Saturday so on Sunday, Mother's Day, hubby could volunteer at the church to cook breakfast for all the moms and their families. (Along with other men as well.) Boop wanted to go with daddy. We had had a long couple of days and didn't get to bed until late Saturday. So, at 6:45AM Sunday morning, hubby asked me if he should wake Boop. My thoughts were this "Wake him. If he rolls back over and goes to sleep, then we don't worry about it." But I know Boop, if we didn't wake him up he would have been very disappointed.

Daddy went in his room and about 2 seconds later out walked Boop, ready to go make some pancakes! He really was excited to go cook with his daddy! That honestly made my Mother's Day!

So the girls and I got ready and we had the special treat of my MIL coming along with us. I think she enjoyed it.

The rest of the day was relaxing. We had an easy meal and just hung out. I got a very cute card, it read: "On Mother's Day, act like the queen you are." I opened it and it read: "Smile. Wave. Don't take any crap." (As if I ever do ;) And the girls got me some really pretty purple flowers. Boop made a pretty fan for me at church and daddy took the kids to run errands while EG was sleeping just to give me a little peace.

As a lady said on our Meals on Wheels route yesterday "Really, isn't every day Mother's Day?" No truer words have been spoken . . .

2 comments:

Diane Moody said...

GREAT post, Annie. Teared up when you said Boop was up and ready to go with his Daddy so early! What a great kid!!! But then, aren't they all?! You are a BLESSED woman!!

Katie said...

Boop rocks (love the sidebar too about him thanking you for "laundry").