Wednesday, May 12, 2010

School Days

Bet you think this is another homeschooling post. Not!! I am actually in the process of registering at Liberty University's online school. For most of my adult life I have either been a student (a degree in Personnel Management and a degree in Legal Assisting.) And then when I first was a stay at home mom, I took Bible precept classes fairly regularly. Anyway, I have always dreamed about going back to school and majoring in Spanish History, Art and Literature.

But, the local school does not offer online classes for that. So, about 3 months ago I started researching Liberty University. A friend of my mom's is currently enrolled (and she has a son actually attending.) Anyway, yesterday I decided I wanted to get a degree in Religion with a minor in Christian Counseling.

Religion fascinates me. And there is so much to learn. I want to fully understand, as best I can, the history of the Bible and the corresponding world history. I want to discuss theory and practice. I want to learn for my own edification, but also for educating the kids and I believe that the knowledge I would gain will help me in my witness to others.

As many of you know, I have a passion for God, family, children, and marriage. Who knows, maybe when I am older (ha, ha) and the kids are grown, I can open up a Christian counseling center. I don't really know what God has in store for me in the future. But, I have been praying about whether or not going back to school is something I should do now.

I will register, pay for my first and only class for the fall semester and see how it goes. I love being a student of life . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

GOOD for you Ann :)

Diane Moody said...

That is GREAT! Go for it, Annie! So proud of you!!