Monday, May 3, 2010

Guilty Necessity

Today a cleaning lady is coming to our home. I have never had a cleaning lady before, but it is long overdue. I have tried and tried to keep up with everything. As I have said in the past, I feel like I must not be doing something right if I can't even keep the house clean.

So, the other day when hubby asked what he could do to help, I asked him for a cleaning lady. Just someone to come in and do the stuff that I just can't seem to get to (for whatever reason.) And he agreed! I was so excited.

It is temporary, just until I can get some things under control. It will free up some time for me to get the house organized and school organized. I think it will help me focus more on keeping things orderly. The last couple months, I have been so overwhelmed that it has been hard for me to focus on things I need to get done. Plus, I seem to seem spend most of my time on things that I feel need to be done immediately. I suppose I could list a bunch of reasons why this is a necessity and why I shouldn't feel guilty. But, I am not going to concern myself with that right now.

I am going to revel in the fact that the house smells wonderful. It is clean in places most people can't see, I don't have to wonder how certain chores are going to get done AND we got to meet the neatest lady.

It turns out our cleaning lady is 76 and barrel races! The kids and I were blown away. She promised us the next time she races locally she would let us know so we could be sure to go and watch her. To take time to chat with her was an added bonus.

The week is off to a good start . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

We have a cleaning lady too, and I'm never letting her go!

I will say that I always wonder if it's worth it when I'm frantically racing around trying to clean up for the cleaning lady (she only cleans the surfaces -- floors, counters, sinks, etc) every other Monday.

Enjoy! And NO guilt allowed.

Ann said...

I had to laugh yesterday because I remember my mom telling me to clean up for the cleaning lady. That use to bug me. Yesterday I told the kids the same thing. But, I told them we pick up for the cleaning lady to clean. I loved the smell and the feeling of relief when the things were done!

I am going to milk it for all that it is worth!

Diane Moody said...

YEA!!! The green light from your hubby is icing on the cake! ENJOY that clean house! One of the most coveted luxuries for a stay-at-home mom - GOOD FOR YOU!!!