Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Boop's Doctor Appointment

Yesterday was Boop's annual check up. It is always an adventure taking all the kids to the doctor's office. You sit in the waiting room where the toys are for about 10 minutes and then they stick you in a room for about 45 minutes with a stack of Goodhouse Keepings and all the breakable and expensive gadgets. Oh, and let's not forget the stool that spins around and around and around. The floor is tiled and everyone is vying for the seat on top of the examining table. When Little Mama was a baby and Nature Girl was a little over two I still remember her sitting on the exam table looking at a magazine when the doc walked in. He was so impressed that she was just sitting there "reading." He always mentions it when we come in and I always feel I have that expectation to live up to. I have to admit, it gets harder and harder :) Nowadays when the nurse steps out of the room I give them each a tongue depressor to play with. That keeps them occupied for about 7 minutes! I remember one time when Boop was an infant and he and Little Mama were sick. So we went to the doc to get them checked out. By the time the doc got to us all three of them were crying and in pain. It turned out either Boop or Little Mama had a single ear infection and Nature Girl had a double ear infection. I went to the check out window and everyone was crying and miserable. I could physically feel the sympathy from the office staff as we left!! One time while daddy was on his annual hunting trip, Nature Girl had been sick for days. We went to the doc's office for like a third or fourth visit and found out she had some relatively unknown (to me) disease in which she had to be admitted to the hospital ASAP. (More on that in another post someday.) Thankfully yesterday was routine!! My little man is growing up. He is 3' 1 1/2" and 29 pounds. He talked nonstop with doc and she was very impressed! I told her he had two really good teachers . . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Doctor's appts always make me break out into a cold sweat! Glad to hear your little man is so big and healthy.