Saturday, October 4, 2008

Card Making

I am not a creative person by any stretch of the imagination. I wish I were - sometimes. I have never been interested in craft fairs or even exploring what hidden talents I may have! I just assumed that I was not creative. Back about 8-10 years ago when scrapbooking became a trend I thought it was cool. Taking pictures and getting them into an album was important to me so I thought I would give scrapbooking a try. I think I made one and a half pages, my wedding day and the first day of our honeymoon. It took me months and my pages were so elaborate. I am not a quitter but I quit! I still have the two pages somewhere. I can't bare to get rid of them. They are kinda cool and I worked so hard on them. So, along came a friend of mine who was a Stampin' Up demonstrator and she showed me all this stuff to make cards. Now that I thought I would get into. I love cards and am really pretty good about sending them. So I thought I would start to make my own. This all happened about a year before Boop was born. My first big project was Christmas cards that year. They turned out OK and I enjoyed the detail of it. Then I made Boop's birth announcement with the help of my friend. It was cool, unique and special because I had done it myself. Well, it has blossomed since then. I belong to a club and spend a lot of down time creating and making cards. I have made a name: Sincere Salutations. I have even sold some ;) I have two faithful customers. I have been told I should set up a website to display my cards and I have found a neat website that is like Ebay but sells only homemade stuff. I am proud of my work not because I have created masterpieces but because on accident I found a little creativity . . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so impressed with people who have a creative talent. I remember Boop's birth announcements. I can't wait to see what you've got for your baby!

Ann said...

Hate to disappoint but I am actually having them printed :( It was either make birth announcements or Christmas cards so you will have to wait for the Christmas card ;)

Katie said...

ha. glad to see you're human :)