Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday was an odd day. Just a little out of whack. That really is the only way I can describe it. The night before, Thursday night, Little Mama spent the night with Sissy and Nature Girl spent the night with her grandma. It was weird just being home with Boop (hubby was working late.) He and I had a nice time together. We ate Taco Bell and watched TV while eating. We took a bath and then watched the History Channel before going to bed (his request :) Very nice, very relaxing but oddly enough very lonely. It was so peaceful, so quiet. Just a little unnerving. So, the next morning Little Mama came home early because Sissy had to go to work. But, Nature Girl got to hang out the whole day with grandma. We missed her. Things just didn't seem normal or right. We were busy all day with projects and chores etc. but there was something missing. I told hubby she is kind of the glue that sticks the kids together. He called her the cruise director because she has the kids all pointed in the same direction. It was just odd. Little Mama and Boop play OK together but it is for short periods of time. They play OK alone for short periods of time. But, there were no other options for them. Nobody for Boop to wrestle with. Nobody for Little Mama to play Mancala with or War (truth be told I did play one game of War with her and 4 games of Mancala ;) Little Mama kept calling grandma to see when Nature Girl would be home. I have to admit after awhile I was wanting to know as well!! When she finally did get home a little before dinner things seemed back to normal. Yes, it was noisy and chaotic and I had to say things three times because everyone was playing with each other and ignoring me. But, I liked it. It was once again normal in our house . . . .

2 comments:

Diane Moody said...

Finally catching up on your posts. Oh my goodness, how I LOVE reading them! Can't wait to see you all next week. In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to share your heart with all of us! You're my hero!!

Ann said...

Really excited to see all of you as well!!!!! Travel safe . . .