Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Breech Baby Flip


I have had 3 of my 4 pregnancy after 35. Yes, that means AMA on my medical chart. For those who are not over 34 AMA means advance maternal age ;) Pregnancy can be stressful enough, have enough aches and pains for ten people and then you put that tag on and what chance does a poor girl have :) Honestly, I never cared! The reality of it is, though, the OB office offers 10 times more tests to make sure the baby is healthy. For as many times as they have stamped AMA on my chart and for as many times as they have offered me every test in the book to determine the health of my baby I have always said "No thanks." I will love my baby no matter what and have always felt that God would give me the grace to handle anything that comes my way. That being said I have always said "yes" to any ultrasounds they wanted to give me!! And when you are old and pregnant you get a lot. They are noninvasive and YOU GET TO SEE THE BABY!! Well, on my last old lady visit to the pregnant old lady doctor they told me baby number 4 was breech. I am a planner (as much as I can be being a stay at home, homeschooling mom with number 4 on the way). That was not in my plans!! Thanks to my faith in Christ, I am not a worrier much anymore but I have to admit I was a little concerned. They told me not to worry that I had a couple of weeks for the little guy/girl to turn. I was under the impression that my only options would be to have the baby physically turned or to have a C-section. As many of you know, my hubby has a trip scheduled for 11/20 - 5 days after my due date. I can't have a lengthy recovery time. I have a family to take care of. Not to mention, I really, really wanted to try natural labor again ;) Glutton for punishment I guess. Anyway, I started talking with other women and researching on the internet. I learned a lot as always. But the biggest thing I learned is not to worry and I ultimately get to make the decisions that effect me, my body and my baby. I had a lot of options which I was willing to explore if need be. Well, to make a long story short (or longer) I went to my appt yesterday. The midwife couldn't tell which end was up - ha, ha. So, we went for another ultrasound. As the tech was gooping me up I was mumbling away. She asked me what I was saying. I told her it was my continued prayer to God to flip my baby around. I just wasn't in a position to have a breech baby. 10 seconds later she said "I see a head!! And it has hair." My prayers had been answered! I clasped my hands together right then and there and said "Thank you God. Thank you God." And thank you to all those who have been praying for me and my upside down baby . . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh man, that baby's cute! I'm glad s/he's the right side down.

Diane Moody said...

YEA GOD!! Sitting here with tears in my eyes, thanking God for such an ASTOUNDING and timely answer to prayer! Wow, you are such an inspiration to me!!! THANK you for sharing and be assured you're being covered with prayers!! YEA GOD!!