Thursday, October 9, 2008

Suprise!

I honestly don't think in my 40 years I have ever had a surprise party of any kind. Well, that all changed yesterday!! Yesterday was ballet and it was pouring down rain. If it had not been for the fact that it was "ballet days" which means the girls can dress up for dance class we probably would have skipped class. Because it was raining I was hanging out in the nursery. One of my friends left to use the rest room and then another friend came in and said "There is something in the back of my car that Kathryn thought you would like to see" (or something along those lines). Anyway, I gathered up the boys and we went out to my friend's van which was parked under the church portecochere. The back door of the van was up and there were balloons tied to it and food and gifts in the back. I have to admit I hadn't a clue what was going on! Seriously!! Then Donna said it was a baby shower for me!!! I was dumbfounded, shocked, awed, surprised, tearful and most of all speechless (which is so rare for me!!) I truly couldn't believe it. I was soooo touched and blessed and surprised! It was such a showing of thoughtfulness, caring, love and friendship. I was so surprised!! We ate a little, had refreshments, opened gifts and chatted. All in the back of my friend's van, under the portechochere at church. I received adorable neutral baby clothing, a blanket, diapers, wipes, a gift card and a baby's first Thanksgiving outfit. But most of all, it was a gift of friendship which I so cherish. As I told my friends, this is what wonderful memories are made of . . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay! Fun! You totally deserve an awesome treat like that. What nice, nice friends you have, lucky girl.