Thursday, October 30, 2008

Frustrated, Impatient and Depressed?

When I went to the midwife on Tues she informed me that baby C was an OP baby. I tried to understand as best I could what she was saying. Some of it made sense and some of it was just way over my head. The part I did grasp though, was that the little bugger is facing up instead of down - "sunnyside up" as I have heard it referred to. So, yesterday I decided to look it up on the internet. This is the information that I found - this can stall labor, make delivery difficult and very painful and possibly end up in a C-section. The last thing you want is your water to break because then it makes it virtually impossible for the baby to turn but it happens a lot with OP babies. Ugh!! You almost have to take drugs because the pain is unbearable but if you do it relaxes the muscles that help the baby to turn. (Sometimes I curse the internet.) I have been here before when the baby was breech. I am again going to try my best not to worry. God and I were chatting yesterday and I once again praised Him and thanked Him for the miracle he performed for my breech baby. Now I am asking him for a miracle with my "sunnyside up" baby . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

I had back labor with Thomas, the nurses said it was because he was sunnyside up. I always assumed my labor was so long with him because he was my first baby, but I'm sure some of it was his position (and refusal to shift). However, I eventually did get him out (epidural but NO c-section).
I have faith in your faith. I know whatever happens, baby moves or doesn't, medicine or not, c-section or natural. YOU can only control so much. I know you are worried and I will continue to pray for you and your lovely baby. A couple of weeks and you'll have a beautiful bundle and a good story.
Thinking about you today. hugs.

Ann said...

Thank you for your reassuring words . . .They have brought tears to my eyes, a smile to my face and a calming to my soul . . .