Thursday, November 20, 2008

All By My Self . . .

Well, not really . . . . hubby left this morning for his annual hunting trip in Wisconsin. He has gone for the last eight years and was planned way before I found out I was pregnant. It is something that is important for me that he does. He works all year round with hardly ever a break for just himself. He loves to hunt and fish and since we have had kids he barely does either one. I think it is important that he keeps up those hobbies to some extent. It makes him a better husband and father. Don't get me wrong, when he left this morning I cried. I cried because I will miss him and I cried because I want him to be safe but have fun. But, I think I cried the most because he is invaluable to us. You never really know how much a person means to you until they are not around. It is unfortunate to some extent that we don't appreciate people until they are gone. But I suppose I am not the only one who has this unfortunate habit :)

We are blessed because grandma will stay with us and Sissy will be here when she can and CoCo will check in on us. And friends have said they will call and fulfill any needs we may have. So we are covered in that way. But nothing can replace what daddy does for us every day, all day . . . . We love you daddy, we miss you daddy. Have a wonderful time. You deserve it . . .

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

And I'm guessing that he always comes back a happy camper after being out huntin' with the guys, right? But I'm glad to know Grandma will be staying with you! Good for her! And good for YOU! Missing all of you terribly!!!