Monday, November 10, 2008

Friends

As my delivery date creeps closer I have been thinking a lot about friends. Friends in my life have come from all aspects of my life. And at this juncture, a girl needs friends. They are a comfort when your life is fixin' to change. They provide emotional, mental and physical support at a really crazy time in your life. The birth of a child can be so unpredictable. You don't know when the little bugger is coming, you don't have a clue how long it will take, you are not sure what kind of entrance the baby will make into the world and you have no idea what home life is going to be like until everyone has been home for a day or two. But girlfriends understand. Between the bunch of them a lot of experience has been gained. And as women we generally do not hesitate to share our experiences. I have one friend who is willing to drive from another state to help in my hubby absence. Another long time friend gives me wonderful moral support and encouragement from over a thousand miles away. I have had many friends just say "Let me know WHATEVER you need." Three other friends have offered to take my kids on the day of the blessed event (whenever that might be :). Others have offered food and to make trips to the park and have playdates. Then there are the couple of friends that I know no matter what I need, I can call them and they will take care of whatever it is. It is a comfort. It alleviates a ton of the potential stress major life changes can bring. Thank you to ALL my girlfriends no matter where you are!!!! What would I ever do without you . . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

..takes one to know one :)

I can only presume that your many friends support and love you because you are such a wonderful friend yourself!

Wishing I lived closer..... Katie