Wednesday, November 12, 2008

False Alarm

So, yesterday after my marathon doctor's appointment (because they had only two nurses for two doctors and four midwives) I began to have contractions. At first I wasn't all that concerned. Hubby was at work so I was on my own for dinner, bath and bedtime. But as the minutes wore on it became apparent that I needed some help. If I was on my feet, the contractions were coming every three minutes. They hurt bad enough that I couldn't speak or walk. To me those are real. But I don't like drama and I hate to get everyone excited over nothing. So I called hubby just to give him a heads up as to how I was feeling. I went and sat on the couch and that would kind of relieve the discomfort so I guess in the back of my head I knew this wasn't the real thing (or as I told my sister "I was in denial.") Anyway, as the early evening wore on, real or not, it was getting increasingly difficult for me to take care of my family. I didn't want hubby to leave work unless I was sure I was going to the hospital so I called my sister. She had plans and I hated to interrupt them but I knew I needed help regardless of whether I was going to the hospital or not. My mom and others were on stand by if need be. Sissy was able to bathe the kids and I was able to sit on the couch. By the time hubby came home and Sissy left, I was sitting on the couch having contractions 6 minutes apart but they were not near as intense as the ones earlier in the evening. I told hubby to go on to bed (he had been up since 4:30 and it was nearly 10). I sat there for another hour. Nothing changed. I finally went to bed around 11. I had one or two contractions that I can remember before falling asleep. And here I am to blog another day . . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

Yikes! What a night. Hope you are feeling okay today. I was just thinking it would be neat if you had your baby on Leah's birthday (which is today). Take care of yourself!

Ann said...

I will do my best - hee, hee!! That would be kinda cool!!

Diane Moody said...

Good heavens! I've been gone all day so I'm just now checking your blog and WOWSERS! What a night you had! I'm just praying this means it won't be too long now. PRAYING!!!

Guess what? I got your cards today! They are ADORABLE! Thank you soooo much! You are quite the entrepreneur! Very professional!

Now go sit down and RELAX. Promise?
Love & prayers!!!
d