Friday, November 28, 2008

Thank God


I am thankful for my family.


All of the cousins on my hubby's side of the family.

The first and the last.


The younger girlies.



Boop finally has boys to play with.


As a friend of mine said on my last post "Thank God." That is the most appropriate saying that I have today. "Thank God" for family - all my family. What a wonderful time we had yesterday with my husband's family. The kids ranged in age from 24 to 13 days and they all had a blast near as I could tell!! We had great food and soooo much of it. Everyone worked so hard preparing and cooking and making everything so festive. We had about six tables and about 5 tents and there were lights on the tents, candles, flowers and outside fires. It was one of the most memorable Thanksgivings I have had! I just loved watching everyone interact with each other, talking, laughing and joking around. I tried to get good pictures but I need a photography lesson. One of the things we did was take a picture of all of my mother-in-law's grandkids. 17 in all. It was suppose to be a surprise for Christmas but an undertaking of that magnitude was hard to keep a secret! I think that was probably my favorite part of the whole day. How blessed my MIL must feel to look around and see her own children and then all of her grandchildren. To me, I think that is what life is all about. Yesterday was a day of no cares or worries. No discussion of the economy or politics (at least not that I heard). My 13 day old daughter was held by every cousin she has (well almost everyone ;). She was in heaven. She slept the entire time. Occasionally she would open an eye or two and then settle back down to sleep in some one's loving arms. If there is a downside is that it goes by so fast. Before you know it the dinner is over and the kids are exhausted. It seems like it happens all in the blink of an eye. As another good friend quoted on her blog "Breathe this moment." How apropos for this holiday season . . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Lovely pictures, lovely post.