Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Daddy Comes Home

Today will be one of the longest days that we have had so far. Daddy comes home today!! But his flight doesn't get in until 9PM. We will clean and straighten and organize so that he doesn't walk into chaos after being gone for almost a week. The kids will be bathed and ready for bed and we will just kind of hang out until he gets home. Thankfully his friend's wife is picking them up from the airport. It has been a little chilly here and I can't imagine having to go get him ourselves :) I am sure he will be amazed at how EG has grown and changed in the few days he has been gone. Her face has filled out and she has certainly become more alert. She even smiles occasionally! The other kids will be excited to see what he has brought them. We were joking around yesterday about some of the things he has brought back for them. For the last two years he has brought each kid the exact same Badger sweatshirt. So I think we have at least 4 in 2 or 3 sizes! This year he called me at least twice while shopping to get ideas and run some possibilities by me. He did good and I think the kids will be surprised. He even called back once and asked "What about Ellie??" I was impressed!! She will get a Cabela's bear just like the other kids.

I, for one, will be glad to have him home. It has gone very well here in his absence. Better than I could have expected. Everyone pitched in. The kids enjoyed having Grandma here and Ellie has eased into a pretty predictable routine (even though it consists being held a lot;) But with daddy home things will start to gel into what we will be doing everyday as a family. We have all been on kind of a vacation. So, as with every vacation, it is always good to get back to real life . . .

5 comments:

Janet said...

I am rejoicing with you over "Dad's" return home. When we get back from Thanksgiving, we want to come and meet this little girl! Love, Janet

Diane Moody said...

Sounds like a wonderful day anticipating Dad's return! I'm so glad he got to go, but even happier that he's returning safe & sound! And as your resident Tennessean nag, I wanna see more pictures of EG and the girls! Oh, and maybe a shot of G'ma? LOL

Katie said...

I hope your day goes by fast!!! Did Daddy, um, you know, shoot anything?

Ann said...

No he did not and I am thankful this year :)

Teresa said...

So Thankful for your precious family....keep those pics coming!