Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tidbits for Today

Today is the UF-FSU game. The biggest rivalry for our college town. We are the underdogs but that doesn't usually mean anything in this game. It is a rainy weekend so that has kind of dampened things but come 3:30 there will not be a car on the road or a person in the stores. Well, that is a bit of an exaggeration but there will be a noticeable difference in traffic :)

My sister hung out with my two oldest nephews last night. She picked them up and she and her roommate showed them the town. She hadn't seen either one since my wedding 11 years ago. Sissy and Billy were in 6th grade and Micky was in 3rd! I thought it was pretty cool! I am sure they had a great time!! It is hard for me to believe they are that old! I can't wait to check in on them this morning - ha, ha.

Yesterday daddy and the kids were passing a corner where they had torn down a Boston Market and were putting up a McDonald's. I am not a big McDonald's fan so when I had passed the new building a couple of weeks ago I must have said "Not another dang McDonald's." So yesterday when daddy said to the kids "Look guys they are building a McDonald's right there." Boop said "It's not a McDonald's daddy it is a dang McDonald's."

Last night we had leftover turkey dinner at my brother and sister-in-laws. Another nice family get together. Of course, I left my camera at home!

It is hard to believe that is was two weeks ago yesterday that God blessed us with EG. She is so beautiful and the kids just adore her. I catch myself just staring at her when she is peacefully sleeping in my arms. I tell myself to soak it all in because it goes by way to fast. I love when she is stretching and one arm goes straight up in the air. She sticks her face out and stretches her neck and it makes little wrinkles in her forehead. Her preferable sleeping spot is in my arms. She for the most part is a great sleeper. 5 hours at night and I have to wake her!! She still is not a very good eater so we are doing all we can to work on that. But she seems content for now . . . .

No comments: