Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Halloween Party


Last night we had our annual Halloween Party. It started out a couple of years ago as a Sunday School fellowship. The adults and the kids dressed up and we had a lot of fun. Over the years it has evolved to the same 4 or 5 families and now it is more about the kids than anything! We were trying to figure out last night just how many years we have been doing this. We figured these same 11 kids (give or take a few each year) have been trick or treating together for the last 4 or 5 years. Hubby usually makes the chili and Mr. Ronnie usually stays behind and hands out candy to the other kiddies that come by. The Harris' for a couple of years have come as the characters from the Wizard of Oz - Dorothy and Toto, Scarecrow, Tinman, Cowardly Lion and The Great Oz. I forgot to take a picture but it truly is a work of art. About two months ago, after reading Peter Pan, my kids were going to go as Wendy, Peter and Tickerbell and I was going to be Nanny and daddy was going to be Capt. Hook. Halloween was too far away and they changed their minds numerous times. Natural Girl ended up being a Hollywood Starlet, Little Mama was a Spanish Princess and Boop was Spiderman (which cracks me up because I don't think he has ever seen Spiderman.) I suppose I could have forced the issue, but honestly I wanted to give them a chance to do their own thing (with guidance of course.) The past two years daddy has gotten out his 4-wheeler and hooked it up to the trailer and put hay in it so when the kids (or adults) get tired of walking they can ride. This year he put a chair in it so I could ride like a queen. I actually chose to walk most of the way and am paying for it today! (Really, all in an attempt to get labor started!!) Everyone had a great time and the fellowship was memorable. Much food and candy was eaten. One thing hubby and I share is a love for "entertaining." And our annual Halloween Party gives us a great opportunity to open our home to family and friends . . . .





1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like you all had a great Halloween. I especially like Little Mama's hair-do and your pumpkin belly.