Monday, November 24, 2008

Picture Day

For the last eight years I have always gotten the kids yearly pictures done the second week in November. I do it early enough in the season so as to avoid the holiday rush. We don't have school pictures so it is very important to me to have these done. We have tons of relatives that don't live near us and it is away for me to keep in touch and show how are family is growing. I include the pictures in our Christmas cards. Plus, I just like looking at the pictures from year to year to see how everyone has changed. This year posed a little bit of a problem. We wouldn't have baby C the second week in November plus I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. So when I called to make the appointment they always ask the number of kids and gender and name. I think they were a little stumped at first when they got to kid number four and said "I don't know." Of course, I went on to explain myself. But it was a little humorous to hear the pause on the other end of the line.

Anyway, today was our first outing with all the kids and it was to have the pictures done! I couldn't have been more pleased. Grandma was here to help get everyone ready. Our appointment was at 10AM and we started getting ready at 7. I am not joking!! The girls had their hair done and Boop's was actually brushed. The baby was the last to get ready and she was nursed and dressed by 9:30. We were the first appointment so we didn't have to wait. The photographer posed them and told them what to do and the kids listened. EG was a little upset about being handled by someone other than me but she had moments when she didn't cry. The photographer took pictures of it all. It took about 15 minutes and there were plenty of good pictures to choose from.

I really am blessed. Not to brag but there was a family there with just one child and they were having problems. Here I was with my 4 and they were quiet, well mannered, polite and obedient. Honestly, I was just a little proud of my bunch . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! Good job on keeping your brood in line :)