Monday, September 7, 2009

Hoover



That is EG's new nickname. Twice yesterday alone I had to pull stuff out of her mouth! I have to stick my finger in her very toothy mouth and get out heaven knows what. I vacuum, put her on the floor and 2 minutes later I look at her and she is chewing. The kids are very observant and diligent in making sure she doesn't put anything in her mouth. Little Mama is especially good at keeping her safe. But have four people watching her isn't working and I am at a loss as to what to do. Yesterday I finally stuck her back in the playpen. Of course she was upset but I had no other choice. I follow her around the best I can but sometimes I have to turn my back. And it literally takes her seconds to find some little thing. And as I have posted before, I wouldn't win blue ribbons for house work. If she is on the floor I just have to follow her around. Now if I could train her to pick the stuff up and put it in the garbage. Or better yet, teach her to run the vacuum, problem solved . . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

It's a constant worry. Luke STILL puts all kinds of non-food items in his mouth. I think he likes my freaked-out reactions.

Ann said...

There is no doubt it is a game to her. I swear she has this grin;)

Kathryn said...

John Daniel used to do that...pick up things off the floor as a baby but he wanted to clean up not eat them...they thought he was weird in the nursery.