Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mother of the Year


The picture doesn't give the full effect by any stretch of the imagination. EG covered in black ball point pen ink. This is my story: I was at WalMart yesterday with all the kids. My mother-in-law was meeting me there to watch a few of them at the McDonald's so I could birthday present shop for Boop. I took EG with me (she can't tell secrets :) Anyway, as I was strolling up and down the toy department aisles she started to get fussy so I gave her an ink pen. It was the kind that you have to press the top to make the pen point come out. I figured I was safe. She is only 10 months. I had to call daddy about the price of something and I turned my back for a second. When I turned back around she was wielding the pen like such an old pro, such grace and style. Face covered in ink marks. I had to laugh (and tell daddy I needed to go!)

She had it on her scalp, under her ear, on both sides of her face and on her neck. She looked like a little Indian with all those markings on her face. As I walked back through the store to find the rest of my family, we got many looks and just a few comments. One man even said "Scissors are next." I told him I had no doubt . . .

No comments: