Friday, September 18, 2009

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday we did school at the creek. It really is an amazing place. It seemed fuller and more colorful then the last time. The kids found a palm tree that is growing side ways. They found a blue butterfly that has an orange underside which at this moment we think is either a Pipervine Swallowtail or a Red-spotted Purple. They saw a baby lizard which is really small. As we were leaving it started to rain. Perfect timing!

After the creek we had to go to the grocery store just to pick up a few odds and ends. An idea came to me as we were pulling out of the parking lot. (Another stolen idea.) Anyway, I let the kids give me directions home. They played a trick on me and gave me directions to the church! They thought it was very funny! They would have kept me going around town but I told them we had milk in the car and I probably needed directions home.

Nature Girl just asked me "Are there people who cannot talk?" I said "Sure. They are mute." I thought in most cases the people were deaf as well. I then asked her "Why do you want to know?" And she proceeded to tell me that she wished Boop was on of them.

It has been a long, busy, rainy week . . .