Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tailgating






I don't think we have ever been to a tailgate party as a family. Actually, I don't think we have been to a tailgate party at all in the last 8 years! We love football but we like it from our comfortable home (especially with children.) Where there is plenty to eat and drink within reach and a bathroom just a few steps away. But this year we thought we would take part in the festivities here in town. My sister and her boyfriend invited us to their tailgate and we gladly accepted the invitation.

Around campus was crazy. People everywhere. Tents everywhere. Food and drink everywhere. My how campus has grown. Funny how you go to a school, stay in the town where you graduated from and never step foot back on campus. That is about how it was for me. Yesterday, though, the tailgate was on campus property so we drove on the outskirts. My how campus has changed.

Anyway, we had fun. Explaining to the kids what it was all about. We stayed for about an hour. The kids ate a lot of food and hung kind of close. Near as I could tell we were right in the midst of a lot of college students. I thought it would be neat just to be a part of the happenings. Even if it was just for a little while . . .

1 comment: