Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bonus Post

Which usually means a rant of some type and this is nooooo different. I just read AOL headlines that says something to the affect "Is Myron Rolle to Smart for the NFL?" As many of you know I am a sports LOVER. I love sports. I think sometimes more than my hubby.

Anyway, Myron Rolle is a graduate from FSU. He left his senior year to study at Oxford. He was a Rhodes Scholar recipient. NOW, the NFL questions his commitment to football!!!!! Has the world gone absolutely nuts!! This is questioned by men who "would be pumping gas for a living if it weren't for football."

"Welcome to the 21st century NFL, where your commitment to the game doesn't get questioned if you fail multiple drug tests, drive drunk or rape a woman. But woe unto you if you have the audacity to graduate early from college and take a year off to pursue a Rhodes Scholarship."
*all quotes from the AOL article.

I am ashamed. I am mortified. I am angry. I am disgusted. And as seriously considering boycotting professional football. I feel I need to do something (that won't physically hurt someone ;)

What is wrong with this world . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Really? unbelievable....

Ann said...

Don't even get me started!! It drives me crazy as it is that college football players get a free ride (scholarships) and then don't even have the decency to earn the grades or stay out of trouble. I know so many kids who would love to have their education paid for and then go do something worth while with it. Sorry, another bonus rant! (And I love college football!)