Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Post

From yesterday.

I love reading. I could read anywhere. Will read anywhere when the opportunity presents itself, which unfortunately doesn't happen very often. I envision laying in a hammock or in a beach chair (on the beach,l of course.) In an easy chair by an open porch door when the breeze is blowing or when we are having a thunderstorm. I will read at the kids' gym when I don't have the little guys. I bring a book when I have any type of appointment so I can read while I wait. I have tried to read in bed, but by then I am so tired I get through a page or two. The other day during rest time I tried to sit on the couch and read. That didn't last long.

I am so glad that majority of our school is reading. Because I have gotten to read books that I have so thoroughly enjoyed while spending quality time with my kids. (And learning, but don't tell them.)

I smile when I think about reading. I smile when I think about books. It (they) make me happy . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

We are a lot alike my friend :)

Diane Moody said...

That day will come. I remember when the kids were little, only getting to read when they went to bed. I drove Ken nuts because I'd keep the light on til midnight-1:00 a.m. reading. But now my babies are grown and I read to my heart's content. It's like the ultimate reward for raising those babies. Yours is coming! Just keep a list of all those books you can't wait to read!