Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Nature Girl!


Nine years ago, is that possible, nine years ago today our family grew by one. This is Nature Girl:

"No" is never an option she is willing to accept.
My heart trembles when she says "Hey, I have an idea."
She has some really great ideas and insists she can do it herself.
She sings and dances around the house, constantly.
Life is one big science experiment to her.
She lives up to her nickname of Nature Girl.
She loves bugs, horses, dogs and just about every other living creature.
She is not afraid of anything, except bees.
She makes a friend every where she goes.
She is quick with a smile.
"No" is not an option for her to accept.
She loves to read and to learn (especially about things she is interested in.)
She likes it when I read to her.
She likes to cuddle when she is in the mood (much like a cat I think.)
She is very independent.
She is beautiful and oh, so graceful.
She wants to touch and experience everything she can.
"No" is not an option for her.
She would make a great lawyer because she loves to plead her case "but, but, but . . . ".
I depend on her greatly.

She is definitely growing up. And I am pretty sure I am not OK with that. But, I am going to do better to treasure every day with each one of my children. Happy, Happy Birthday Nature Girl . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

She sounds awesome. And busy.
9 years old is such a great age. I remember it well.