Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blog to Book

My original intention was to print off every blog post I wrote. I don't know what happened but I am about a year and a half behind. I have had "print off blog" on my to-do list for a number of months. At this point, it is going to take a lot of time, paper and ink to do it.

I don't really have a journal anymore. And I have given up on photo albums. Figuring that the blog covers everything. For the most part. Then I started thinking what would happen if I couldn't access my blog anymore. Such a huge reason for my blog is to record the events of our family life. I have come to depend on it.

So, last week, a friend mentioned that you could make your blog into a book. Yesterday I took a few minutes to check it out. There is a site called Blurb. And you can download their software for free and work on turning your blog into a book. The site says the cost of a book starts at $12.95

I ran out of time to research it further. But I am going to check it out when I get some time. Wouldn't that be cool to have a journal and photo album all wrapped up in one? Something I can pass on to the kids. I am hoping it doesn't cost a fortune. Might be wishful thinking on my part . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

I've heard about this too and thought it was a great idea. I haven't researched it all though.

Mary Beth said...

Hey Ann! Blurb is great! I have not done it yet with my blog but a friend does it once a year with hers and the books are really nice and hi-quality. Totally something to keep forever and pass along. That's my plan too! Oh and I love the new blog design and header pic - hilarious!!