Saturday, January 8, 2011

Will Wonders Never Cease


The kids had some friends spend the night last night. And, as the parents were here to pick them up, I see this pink and green blur in the backyard. At first I thought it was Boop's friend because the blur was riding a bike. Without training wheels.

Then, I took a look around the living room where their were 6 kids and noticed Boop's friend was one of them. Then I made a quick observation and realized the only kid missing was Boop. But, Boop doesn't know how to ride a bike. Without training wheels.

I was so very confused. Which really, at this stage in the game, doesn't take much. I then realized that it was Boop riding Little Mama's pink bike, with his green Packer shirt on (Go Pack, Go). WITH NO TRAINING WHEELS.

After a quick interview with him to figure out how exactly this happened, he just said "I thought I could do it." So, he picked up the bike, got on and rode. I was astonished to say the least.

He rides like such a boy. With such abandon. He just goes. Wiggling and fast. Doesn't care where he is going. He just goes. He has run into the fence twice and crashed once. I saw him checking his forearm. But, it hasn't slowed him down any.

I am thinking we could all learn a little bit from Boop this morning. . .

2 comments: